Migraine and heart problems are seen a lot in men but regular pranayama practice can get rid of these diseases. So, lets focus on some helpful breathing techniques :
Ujjayi Pranayama helps in maintaining peace of mind and warmth in the body.
- Increases the ability to concentrate.
- Increases internal energy and makes positive energy flow.
- Helps with sinus issues and migraines.
- Opens up clogged arteries and controls cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the chances of heart diseases and problems like heart attacks.
2. Bhastrika Pranayama
In this pranayama, the breath is exhaled rapidly like a bellows to expand the prana vayu. Simultaneously, with the same speed, the breath is taken inwards as well.
- Relieves three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha. When these three are balanced, a person remains free from diseases.
- When done with slow breathing rate, its positive effect is visible on blood pressure. This may help control both the systolic (upper number) and dyslotic (bottom number)
- Reduces weight and body fat.
- Reduces stress, improves anxiety and mood.
3. Surya Bhedi Pranayama
Surya Bhedana is a kind of warming pranayama, or breathing technique, that focuses on one nostril: the right side. Surya indicates the right nostril which is connected to the body’s pingala nadi.
- Strengthens the lungs.
- Practicing on a regular basis reduces anxiety, depression and other mental diseases.
- Digestive system gets strengthened.
- It increases the heat in the body due to which Vata and Kapha, cold and cough are destroyed.
- It is of great benefit in respiratory diseases like Asthma, Bronchitis etc.
- Beneficial for people with low blood pressure and diabetes.
- Removes impurities from the blood and removes skin diseases.