The Bhramari pranayama is also known as the Humming Bee Breath. It is a calming breathing exercise that soothes the nervous system and helps connect us to our inner nature.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama:
- Effective for calming the mind immediately
- Is one of the best breathing exercises to free the mind from distraction, frustration or anxiety and to get rid of anger to a great extent
- Removes mental illness and stress
- Helps with insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Removes stuttering
The Science Behind Bhramari Pranayama
It acts to calm the nerves and soothes them, especially around the brain and forehead. The humming sound creates a natural calming effect of vibrations.
How to do the Bhramari Pranayama:
- Sit up straight with your eyes closed.
- Put your index finger on the cartilage.
- Take a deep breath in and while exhaling, gently press on the cartilage.
- You can hold the cartilage down or press it in and out with your fingers while humming loudly like a bee.
- Breathe in again and continue the same sequence 3-4 times.